Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NaPo 4/14

"Fluffage"


"When I Ate Lucinda's Liver" shows disturbingly remarkable insight

into the role of erotic cannabalism in contemporary society.


* * *


I haven't been so deeply moved by a poetic discussion

of how to field dress a deer

since reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight as an undergraduate.


* * *


Who could have imagined that replacing the head gasket on a Honda SOHC4

could be such an intense emotional rollercoaster?


* * *


I was truly enchanted by your profoundly poetic rendering

of the classic "Sam and Janet Evening"

knock-knock joke.


* * *


It would never have crossed my mind that so many different ways

of preparing frog legs as a gourmet delicacy

could have been so exhaustively rendered in rhyming dactylic hexameter triplets.

Seriously.


* * *


The notion of recasting The Iliad as a feud between rival Mafia families

is truly staggering,

as is the choice of the limerick

as the basic stanza pattern for the whole piece.

I simply cannot give adequate expression to my feelings

at the thought there are 23 books still to go.

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home